And the Winner Is…
Watch this video to learn about the winning entry!
About the Contest
On January 28, 2017, I’m taking my 10th plunge in the Potomac River as part of the Chesapeake Climate Action Network’s 12th Annual Keep Winter Cold Polar Bear Plunge.
For the previous 3 plunges, I’ve dressed up as:
But this time, I’d like to use one of your ideas!
Your costume idea must have an environmental theme, specifically, global climate change.
- promote clean energy
- convey actions we can take to protect the planet from climate change
- share the perils of the F-words (fossil fuels and fracking)
- or something else!
Let your imagination flow!
You don’t need to go into detail about HOW to create the costume (make-up artist Kim Reyes and I will work that out), but if you want to share your full vision, I won’t hold you back!
If you need me to carry a sign to help explain the costume (as I did with my salad and oil slick costumes), please include a slogan.
Only email entries will be accepted.
One entry per person.
Subject: Polar Bear Plunge Costume
Deadline: Friday, January 6, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
What to Include: Your costume idea and your name.
One winning entry will be selected by Lori Hill, president and co-founder of Sister Eden Media and Kim Reyes of Kim Reyes Makeup.
The winner will be contacted via email on Monday, January 9, 2017 and their name announced via YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Appearance in a future Sister Eden video — either live or virtually — within the next 6 months
- A 3-year supply of VirtueBrush toothbrushes (12 total)
- 3 jars of Nacheez, dairy-free nacho sauce, in Mild, Medium, and Spicy + 3 1-ounce pouches of Spicy Nacheez which are great for when you are on the go!
- 1 kilogram of soap nuts by Green Virgin Products, good for 330 wash loads
- Your name will be mentioned in our Polar Bear Plunge Recap video which will be released after the January 28, 2017 Plunge
- Your name will appear in posts on Sister Eden’s social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as well as in Sister Eden email updates
Watch this video to learn more about the prize package!
The Sister Eden Media 2017 Polar Bear Plunge Costume Contest begins December 21, 2016 and ends on Friday, January 6, 2017 at 11:59 pm EST. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that their entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules.
Who May Enter
The contest is open to individuals age 5 and above who live anywhere in the world. Family members and contractors of Sister Eden Media are not eligible.
By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive license to Sister Eden Media to use their name and/or image in connection with the Contest, promotion of the Contest, and the Sister Eden Media brand, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to display on the Sister Eden YouTube channel, website, Facebook page, Twitter feed, Instagram feed, and e-newsletter.
Latest posts by Lori Hill (see all)
- How I’ve Survived — and Thrived — at the CCAN “Keep Winter Cold” Polar Bear Plunge - January 18, 2019
- Healthy Halloween Treats - October 24, 2018
- Why You Don’t Need Solar Panels to Enjoy Solar Energy - October 12, 2018