Veggies and dip is a classic and this dip might just be yummy and fun enough to entice your family to consume a lot of fresh vegetables! We invite you to serve this dip to anyone – see if they even miss the dairy! And be sure to check out our Sesame Soy Dip, too. It’s different, but not too exotic for finicky eaters.
Carrot and celery sticks are the all-time favorites, but try broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, bell pepper slices, cherry tomatoes, jicama slices, zucchini or yellow squash slices, cucumber logs, baby corns, radishes, button mushrooms, olives or even boiled baby potatoes. Croutons also make fun dippers. Need a shortcut? Many grocery stores have pre-cut veggies in the produce area, or you can buy sliced veggies on any salad bar.
As written, this recipe is vegan, nut-free and gluten-free. Vegan sour cream and some vegan mayo are in your grocery store in the refrigerated area; Just Mayo is shelf-stable and with other mayos and salad dressing. Just Mayo is even available at Target and Walmart nationwide.
- 1 cup vegan sour cream (such as Tofutti or Follow Your Heart)
- 1 cup vegan mayo (such as Just Mayo, Vegenaise or Earth Balance)
- 1 Tbs. dried parsley
- 1/2 Tbs. garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbs. onion powder
- 2 tsp. dried dill
- 2 tsp. dried chives
- pinch white pepper, to taste
- pinch salt, to taste (optional)
- Add vegan sour cream, vegan mayo, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, dried dill, dried chives, white pepper and salt (if using) to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir until well combined, about 40 to 50 strokes, pausing to scrape down sides once.
- Serve with fresh cut veggies of choice or crackers/chips. Also makes a tasty sandwich spread.
- Store in fridge.
To visit the dirty hippie and the bohemian girl's website, click their byline. To read the rest of their posts on Sister Eden, click their tag at the top of the post.
Latest posts by the dirty hippie and the bohemian girl (see all)
- Verdant Springtime Soup with Cashew-Lavender Drizzle - March 20, 2017
- Mom’s Squash Casserole - July 7, 2016
- Colcannon with Fried Leeks - March 15, 2016