Peaches are now in season and if you aren’t so good with making crust for peach pie, a peach cobbler is definitely an easy alternative. We cobbled (ahem) this recipe together after being inspired by a Gluten Free Apple Crisp.
You know, we do that a lot. In order to figure out how to veganify something, we often look at other recipes, and make simple adjustments. All that we did with this one was adjust quantities a bit, and omit lemon juice called for in the apple crisp and replace the apples with peaches.
This cobbler is vegan and gluten-free and tastes best when it is served warm. Add a dollop of dairy-free ice cream, and you’ll be in heaven! This works great as a dessert, but I’ve been known to eat it for breakfast, too.
- 7 to 8 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt (3 twists of the salt grinder)
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt (3 twists of the salt grinder)
- 1/3 cup non-dairy butter melted on the stove or in the microwave
- Pre-heat over to 375 degrees
- Combine peaches, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl until thoroughly mixed and pour into a ceramic baking dish and set aside.
- Rinse and dry the bowl and add brown sugar, flour, oats, almond meal, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix until combined.
- Add melted butter until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Sprinkle the topping on the peaches and heat until bubbling (about 40 minutes).
- Let rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Best when served warm.
- If you don't have a ceramic baking dish, lightly grease an 8" to 9" glass baking dish. You may need to adjust your baking time.
- For the almond meal, I used whole almonds and ground them up in a spice blender.
- For the dairy-free butte, we used Earth Balance.
Latest posts by Lori Hill (see all)
- Healthy Halloween Treats - October 24, 2018
- Why You Don’t Need Solar Panels to Enjoy Solar Energy - October 12, 2018
- Reclaiming a Day for Ourselves: A Day of Rest - October 3, 2018