Winter means citrus is back in season. This bright cocktail will really show off the freshness of oranges, grapefruit and lime, with the sweetness coming from a candy swizzle stick in each glass. You can make this punch for all ages by using ginger ale for the fizz or make a grown up version with sparkling white wine. Our Fizzy Citrus Swizzle Punch is great for parties and guests. It’s light enough for brunch and festive enough for the nightlife – like a New Year’s Eve party. The tart of the grapefruit is cut by the swizzle stick – which also makes an adorable presentation.
Not sure about hand-juicing all that citrus? We strongly encourage you to use fresh juice. Not only does it taste much better, but it actually looks different. Pastuerized juices are cloudier and flavor is lost. If you’re in a rush, ask your local juice bar to help out by juicing for you. Some grocers also carry freshly squeezed orange and grapefruit juices.
But wait – what’s a swizzle stick?? You know this. You really do. It’s rock candy on a wooden stick. We found them at two local candy shops as well as two local grocers. You can also get them online. These classics are fun to eat and are a homerun for the look of your drinks. Everyone will enjoy the swizzle stick!
As written, this recipe will make about 8 portions, depending on the size of your serving glasses. It is vegan, gluten-free and nut-free. Bottoms up!
- fresh squeezed orange juice from 3 to 4 oranges
- fresh squeezed grapefruit juice from 1 or 2 grapefruits
- fresh squeezed lime juice from 1 lime
- 2 cups ginger ale or sparking white wine
- 8 swizzle sticks (rock candy on a stick), enough for one per glass
- Place a swizzle stick in each serving glass. Set aside
- Combined fresh orange juice, fresh grapefruit juice, fresh lime juice and your choice of ginger ale or sparkling white wine in a pitcher. Chill if desrired, or chill ingredients before combining.
- To serve, pour over swizzle stick in glass.
To visit the dirty hippie and the bohemian girl's website, click their byline. To read the rest of their posts on Sister Eden, click their tag at the top of the post.
Latest posts by the dirty hippie and the bohemian girl (see all)
- Verdant Springtime Soup with Cashew-Lavender Drizzle - March 20, 2017
- Mom’s Squash Casserole - July 7, 2016
- Colcannon with Fried Leeks - March 15, 2016