About the Workshop
This workshop was held on May 12, 2018.
To view the video of the workshop by Takoma Park City TV, CLICK HERE.
Learn how to:
- buy produce and bulk products without using plastic
- store food without using plastic
- entertain without creating trash bags full of waste
- take a trip without leaving a large footprint
This fun and lively workshop will also include:
- easy tips for living low waste
- tricks to avoid plastic bags
- details about Takoma Park’s Adopt-A-Spot program
- low waste door prizes from Earth-friendly companies The Green Garmento, Bee’s Wrap, and more!
- discounts from The Green Garmento and Lunchskins
- a FREE copy of my e-book!
Living low waste has become a worldwide phenomenon as awareness grows about problems such as plastic in our oceans and bulging landfills. Our fast-moving world has made us too dependent upon disposable items which are wreaking havoc on our planet. We need to return to reusables and avoid so many disposables.
This workshop is presented by the City of Takoma Park’s Neighborhood Services Division.
About Lori Hill
And when you have 6 minutes and 45 seconds to spare, watch my YouTube video which tells the story of what I discovered when I picked up trash while on a family vacation in Mexico.
Who May Attend
Residents of Takoma Park AND beyond. Low waste living applies to everyone!
All ages are welcome.
Free parking in the spaces behind and underneath the Community Center. Free street parking in front of the Community Center.
The closest Metro Station is Takoma Station (Red Line).
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Lori Hill (see all)
- Why You Don’t Need Solar Panels to Enjoy Solar Energy - October 12, 2018
- Reclaiming a Day for Ourselves: A Day of Rest - October 3, 2018
- What Would We Have Done 100 Years Ago? - September 23, 2018