This is a spicy salsa recipe from an old friend that I’ve altered to make my own. You can tailor it to your taste by adjusting the ingredients to suit your taste. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 2 large red tomatoes, diced
- 2 small green tomatoes, diced (if green tomatoes aren't available, just add in more red)
- 1 small jalepeno pepper, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- half of a small red onion, diced
- 1 cup of corn (canned or defrosted frozen)
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- fresh ground pepper and sea salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl until you reach your desired flavor. Then transfer to a decorative bowl and garnish with a few more springs of cilantro.
Latest posts by Lori Hill (see all)
- How I’ve Survived — and Thrived — at the CCAN “Keep Winter Cold” Polar Bear Plunge - January 18, 2019
- Healthy Halloween Treats - October 24, 2018
- Why You Don’t Need Solar Panels to Enjoy Solar Energy - October 12, 2018