What Is Community Solar?
Community solar allows customers who have shady roofs OR rent OR are otherwise unable to install solar on their residences or commercial buildings to buy or subscribe to a portion of a shared solar system within your community.
When you become a subscriber, your share of the electricity generated by the project is credited to your electricity bill, just as if the solar system were located at your home or business!
The solar project delivers all the power it produces into the grid, and the local utility redistributes this power among its customers.
Your household then receives a credit on your monthly utility bill for the amount of electricity your share of the system produces. It’s called virtual net metering.
Benefits of Community Solar
Community solar enables you to take advantage of affordable, locally produced, clean energy without having to own your home OR install equipment on your property.
It also helps to build stronger communities and fight climate change. And since the IPCC says we need to get our butts in gear and really get serious about fighting climate change, taking advantage of community solar is a no brainer.
Take Action Now
IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE MARYLAND, find out where community solar is available in your area. And if you live outside the United States, I recommend googling “community solar” along with your city to see what is available.
- As a Sister Eden follower, if you sign up for community solar with Neighborhood Sun by Thanksgiving, you’ll get paid $50!
- You’ll also get 5% off your solar bill for the first year.
- BUT, if you refer 2 friends to Neighborhood Sun, all 3 of you will get to double your discount for the first year. Yep. You’ll get 10% off your solar bill for the first year.
- And if you tell 2 more friends, you’ll get 10% off your solar bill for the second year!
To summarize, you get:
- $50 just for signing up by Thanksgiving
- 5% off your solar bill for your first year
- 10% off your solar bill for your first year if you refer two friends
- 10% off your solar bill for your second year if you refer two more friends
Signing up only takes about 15 minutes of your time AND Neighborhood Sun pays you $50 for your time!
What’s not to love?
Latest posts by Lori Hill (see all)
- How I’ve Survived — and Thrived — at the CCAN “Keep Winter Cold” Polar Bear Plunge - January 18, 2019
- Healthy Halloween Treats - October 24, 2018
- Why You Don’t Need Solar Panels to Enjoy Solar Energy - October 12, 2018